The home of RISC OS and Linux projects by Simon Melhuish.
- Oww is an application for Linux and
RISC OS to drive the
station, from Dallas
Semiconductor. Oww now has its own pages at oww.sourceforge.net
- Oww Client
- This is a new program based around Owwl my Oww Library.
Owwl provides a programmer's interface to the protocol used by
Oww to transmit data through TCP or Unix sockets. Oww Client uses
the protocol to receive weather data from one or more Oww servers.
- LanMoC is a program to monitor and control a 3-Com
LAN Modem. This is modelled on the 3-Com Desktop
Manager for the LAN Modem, and uses some of their code.
- (16/12/1): New version
- Added recognition of multi-link status, IP number detection, and a
- I have also uploaded the source archive for LanMoC, which you are
free to use for your own purposes, subject to the Artistic License
- Does anyone want to take this any further? I've not got ISDN any
- ThermIIC is a temperature-logging program for Acorn RISC OS,
central to a series of articles that appeared in Acorn Archimedes World
magazine. Using DS1624 or
I²C thermometers, ThermIIC can measure up to eight temperatures
simultaneously and log them to CSV files. Temperatures are also broadcast to
other applications by means of the RISC OS messaging system.
- I was asked if I could get an Acorn to drive some fans. I²C came
to the rescue again. The result is FanatIIC. This hardware / software
project uses data collected by ThermIIC for thermostatic
- N.B. If you want to control a fan with I²C you're probably much
better off using one of the recent fan controller chips, e.g.
Linear LTC1695 or LTC1840
- TherMon is a companion project to plot data from
ThermIIC in real time.
- ThermGif creates plots from ThermIIC data as GIF files.
The original program has also been modified to give:
- ThermPng - as ThermGif but with png
(portable network graphics) output.
- csv2png / csv2jpeg
- Another derivative of ThermGif, csv2png / csv2jpeg are
for plotting more general data from csv files. This is a very basic
program, intended for CGI use. It now uses GD 1.8.3, and has been built for
both RISC OS and Linux.
- GD library (RISC OS binary) - used by the above.
- gdwcount is a very simple web counter. But it can keep a log
of accesses to the site, allowing online plots of access statistics, using
csv2gif. See "Nets get giffing" in Acorn User, Christmas 1999.
- New version 0.20
- PNG output
- CGI program calls csv2png
- Linux distribution as well as RISC OS
- A small clock program for RISC OS and Linux, that displays the local
sidereal time and the positions (RA and dec) of the Sun and the Moon.
- N-Up printing of drawfiles, text and some graphics formats (via
- Packet radio TNC terminal program
- Command line utilities
- ps, kill and pipe_app
- Search and replace characters in filenames. Useful for removing
non-standard characters in preparation for burning a CD-ROM. N.B.: Requires
Acorn's FrontEnd module (but you could still use it from the command
- Search and replace strings in files / directories (recursively).
Requires FrontEnd module.
- Drawfile to sprite conversion.
Dr. Simon J. Melhuish. 8th